Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Our constantly updated handbook is essential reading for all international students at NTUST! Download here.


Students may be issued a visitor visa or a resident visa, depending on the length of their study program. Resident Visa holders are required to apply for an Alien Resident Certificate at the local office of the Immigration Agency within 15 days after their arrival.




International students with an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) who have resided in Taiwan for 6 months must enroll in the National Health Insurance (NHI) program at a local administrative office.


This insurance is only offered for new international degree students who are not eligible for National Health Insurance during the first 6 months of their stay in Taiwan.


Find out more about the wide range of facilities and services that Taiwan Tech offers for international students.



International students who wish to work in Taiwan are required to apply for and obtain a work permit before starting work.


Taiwan Tech, located in the centre of Taipei city, is easy to reach by public transport.


Taiwan Tech offers free Mandarin Chinese Language Courses to international exchange and degree students.


Student clubs and associations are an important part of NTUST campus life. International students are encouraged to establish their own student associations, or join those of local students.